Rescue Tails: Portraits of Dogs and Their Celebrities by Brian Nice (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.74+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe love between dogs and their people is a bond so exceptional it can be hard to put into words. So Brian Nice uses photographs instead -- nearly one hundred and fifty beautiful portraits of ted celebrities with the special dogs they love -- in a book that will delight both your eyes and your heart. The pictures and the quotes that accompany them are tributes to the countless ways a dog can make any person's life special, and Brian Nice has caught his celebrity subjects (both human and canine) as you may never have seen them before: relaxed, goofy, blissfully happy, and completely in love with their four-legged friends. Brian Nice's own pug, Buster, whose enchanting photo graces the cover, is the inspiration for the book. After Buster was saved from blindness by a doctor recommended by the Humane Society of New York, Brian wanted to do something in return. This book is a special gift of thanks to them, and the author's proceeds will go to benefit both the Humane Society of New York and Much Love Animal Rescue in Los Angeles, both -kill animal shelters. A very special book about some very special dogs, Rescue Tails is a book to treasure, reminding us each and every day t only how much love and happiness dogs give us, but also what we can do in return, and of the opportunity we all have to make a difference in a dog's life.
- Author BiographyBrian Nice has worked as a fashion and beauty photographer for the past twenty years, with his work appearing in Elle, Cosmo, Self, Seventeen, Shape, Marie Claire, Red Magazine London, and Madame Figaro Paris. Brian and his father, the painter Don Nice, had a co-exhibition at the Pace Gallery in summer 2008. When he's not traveling for work Brian is surfing off Montauk where he lives with his family and Buster, the pug who inspired this project. Beth Ostrosky Stern is a spokesperson for the North Shore Animal League of America, the world's largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization. She is also involved with The Wildlife Rescue in The Hamptons and English Bulldog Rescue on Long Island. Ostrosky Stern has graced the pages of many magazines and was named one of FHM's Top 100 Sexiest Women of the Year in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007. She also appears regularly on network morning and daytime talk shows and has been a guest co-host on The View. Beth is also known for her work as a television personality for Spike TV and G4 and as a special correspondent for EXTRA.
- Author(s)Brian Nice
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintSimon Spotlight Entertainment
- Content Noteb-w photographs throughout; many spreads; French flaps
- Weight347 g
- Width215 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Introduction byBeth Ostrosky Stern
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.