All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch Methods and Statistics for Public and Nonprofit Administrators: A Practical Guide is a comprehensive, easy-to-read, core text that thoroughly prepares readers to apply research methods and data analysis to the professional environments of public and n-profit administration. The authors expertly incorporate original case examples to demonstrate concepts using three characters - Emily, Jim, and Mary - facing specific scenarios in which research methods must be applied. This unique approach is presented in language accessible to both students new to research as well as current practitioners, carefully guiding the reader in fully understanding the research options detailed throughout the text.
- Author BiographyMasami Nishishiba (Ph.D, Portland State University) is an Assistant Professor of Public Administration and the Associate Director of the Center for Public Service, at Mark O. Hatfield School of Government, Portland State University. Her academic expertise encompasses research methods, cultural competence in the public sector, local government performance management, and civic engagement. She has served as a principal investigator and a consultant for numbers of local government focused projects both in U.S. and overseas. Dr. Nishishiba's publications have appeared in State and Local Government Review, Journal of College and Character, Journal of Public Affairs Education, Journal of Applied Communication Research, Journal of Public Affairs and others. She is also a lead author of a Japanese/English bilingual book Project Management Toolkit: A Strategic Approach to New Local Governance. Dr. Nishishiba has a B.A. in Linguistics from Osaka University, Japan, M.S. in Communication and Ph.D. in Public Administration and Policy from Portland State University. Matthew Jones (Ph.D, Portland State University) has a B.A. in Criminal Justice from Norwich University and an MPA and Ph.D. in Public Administration and Policy from Portland State University. Dr Jones' interests and research focus on the application of quantitative methods to public performance and evaluation, computer simulation modeling, leadership development, and the use of information technology in the public sector. He has served as a consultant for public organizations in Oregon, Washington, and New York, as well as consulting on national grant funded projects. His publications have appeared in Police Quarterly, Public Administration Review, Law Enforcement Executive Forum, Public Administration Quarterly, The International Journal of Electronic Government Research and Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management. He also has co-produced an edited book on strategic website development for public organizations and Web 2.0 technologies for public service. Mariah Kraner, MA, (Doctoral candidate, ABD, Portland State University) is currently completing her doctorate in Public Affairs and Policy at Portland State University. She holds a B.A. in International Relations from Willamette University and a M.A. in Adult Education & Political Science from Oregon State University. In addition to her studies, Ms.Kraner has over 10 years experience as a project manager, working on both nonprofit and government grants. Ms.Kraner currently serves as a Research Associate at Portland State, where she manages a federal grant-funded randomized control trial to enhance employee health and performance. Ms. Kraner's research interests include political participation, social network analysis, employee engagement, and international NGOs.
- Author(s)Mariah A. Kraner,Masami Nishishiba,Matthew A. Jones
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.