Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology by S. Alexander Haslam, Craig McGarty (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.96+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Haslam and McGarty's best-selling text, Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology provides students with a highly readable and comprehensive introduction to the challenges of conducting research in psychology. The book guides readers through the range of choices involved in design, analysis, and presentation, and is supplemented by a range of practical learning features. These draw on the authors' extensive experience as frontline researchers, and provide step-by-step guides to quantitative and qualitative methods and analysis. Written in an accessible and engaging style, this text encourages deep engagement with its subject matter and is designed to communicate and cultivate passion for the research process as a whole. *A comprehensive guide to the process of conducting psychological research from the ground up -- covering multiple methodologies, experimental and survey design, data analysis, ethics, and report writing. *Detailed step-by-step guides to running analyses using SPSS as well as extended coverage of qualitative methods. *Numerous thought-provoking examples of issues raised by contemporary research. *An extensive range of learning aids and on-line resources. *Written in an accessible style aimed at those starting out in psychology, but also relevant for advanced students and experienced researchers Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology 2e will be essential reading for psychology students taking a research methods course for the first time.
- Author BiographyS. Alexander Haslam is a professor in the School of Psychology at the University of Queensland, Australia. Craig McGarty is a social psychologist whose main work is on intergroup relations especiallly social identity, collective action, group-based emotions and stereotype formation. He worked for 16 years at ANU where he was Head of the School of Psychology before moving to Murdoch University in 2007 to become Director of the Centre for Social and Community Research and then to become Director for the Social Research Institute. He moved back to Canberra in 2012 but continues to work 100% for Murdoch University.
- Author(s)Craig McGarty,S. Alexander Haslam
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Foundations of Psychology Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight953 g
- Width183 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.