All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile fundamentally a design discipline, architectural education requires an element of history and theory, grouped under the term 'research'. However, many students struggle with this part of their course. This practical handbook provides the necessary grounding in this subject, addressing essential questions about what research in architecture can be. The first part of the book is a general guide to the fundamentals of how to do research, from assembling a literature review to conducting an interview. The second section presents a selection of case studies dealing with such topics as environmental psychology, the politics of space, ethgraphic research and mapping.
- Author BiographyRaymond Lucas is a Senior Lecturer at Manchester School of Architecture. His interests include ongoing research into the field of anthropology and its applicability to architecture. His work has been published in numerous academic journals.
- Author(s)Ray Lucas
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication18/01/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.