Research Methods for Clinical and Health Psychology by SAGE Publications Ltd (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $146.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $250.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'If you are teaching postgraduate research methods courses, including those aimed at a mixture of psychologists and other health professionals, this book is worth considering as a core text' - John Hegarty, THES This textbook offers an excellent introduction to the variety of research methods used within the fields of clinical and health psychology. The book provides a detailed, yet concise, explanation of both qualitative and quantitative approaches and draws upon case-study examples to illustrate how these can be used in a variety of health-care settings, with special relevance to clinical disorders, disease prevention and health promotion. Key features of the book include: - A clear and concise narrative - Real-life case studies and examples drawn from clinical practice. - Revision questions in each chapter - Boxes, diagrams and tables to highlight key points - Chapter outlines, summaries and a glossary of useful terms to help students and researchers with independent study and learning. Research Methods for Clinical and Health Psychology fulfils the demand for a textbook explaining how qualitative and quantitative methods can be used explicitly in a health psychology context. It will be invaluable reading for clinical and health psychology students, trainees and practitioners, as well as those in nursing, medical and other healthcare departments taking an advanced psychology option.
- Author BiographyDAVID F. MARKS served as Head of the School of Psychology at Middlesex Polytechnic, and as Head of the Department of Psychology at City University, London, UK. Previously David held positions at the University of Sheffield, UK, and at the University of Otago, New Zealand. His other books include The Psychology of the Psychic (1980, with R. Kammann), Theories of Image Formation (1986), Imagery: Current Developments (1990, with J.T.E. Richardson and P. Hampson), The Quit For Life Programme: An Easier Way to Stop Smoking and Not Start Again (1993), Improving the Health of the Nation (1996, with C. Francome), Dealing With Dementia: Recent European Research (2000, with C.M. Sykes), The Psychology of the Psychic (Revised Edition) (2000), The Health Psychology Reader (2002), Research Methods for Clinical and Health Psychology (2004, with L. Yardley), and Overcoming Your Smoking Habit (2005). David is the Editor of the Journal of Health Psychology and Health Psychology Open. After completing my first degree in psychology I trained and practiced clinically as an audiological scientist (testing and rehabilitating people with hearing and balance difficulties), before moving back into psychology to undertake a PhD. After a brief period as a non-clinical scientist at the MRC Unit in Numan Movement and Balance (National Hospital for Neurology, Queen Square, London). I became a lecturer and then senior lecturer in Psychology as Applied to Medicine at University College London. Returning to my home town of Southampton, I was appointed a Reader and then Professor of Health Psychology. I try to warn people that I have great difficulty recognising faces due to developmental prosopagnosia or 'face-blindness', which neuroscientists are now discovering is more common than was previously thought, affecting about 1 person in 50 (https://www.faceblind.org/people/yardley08jpsychosomres.pdf). The main effect of this is to make me appear very rude when I fail to recognise people I have met, so please say Hello when you meet me - I will remember you and our previous meeting, just not your face!
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2003
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid F. Marks,Lucy Yardley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.