All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an invative introduction to social research. The book explores all stages of the research process and it features both quantitative and qualitative methods. Research design topics include sampling techniques, choosing a research design, and determining research question that inform public opinion and direct future studies. Throughout the book, the authors provide vivid and engaging examples that reinforce the reading and understanding of social science research. Your Turn boxes contain activities that allow students to practice research skills, such as sampling, naturalistic observation, survey collection, coding, analysis, and report writing.
- Author BiographyScott W. VanderStoep, associate professor in the Department of Psychology, Hope College, Holland, Michigan, is the former director of the Carl Frost Center for Social Science Research at Hope College. He is the coauthor of Learning to Learn: The Skill and Will of College Success and editor of Science and the Soul: Christian Faith and Psychological Research. Deirdre D. Johnston, professor in the Department of Communications, Hope College, Holland, Michigan, and is the author of The Art and Science of Persuasion.
- Author(s)Deidre D. Johnson,Scott W. Vanderstoep
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleResearch Methods for the Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width177 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.