All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book fully integrates evidence-based practice methodology into the heart of the text, rather than in a single chapter. In addition to presenting the key concepts needed for the research methods text, the book helps students t only understand the research process, but it also equips them with the skills needed to: evaluate studies; and translate relevant behavioral science into practice principles and implement evaluation procedures in their daily practice. The book begins with an introduction and rationale for using evidence based practice and the basic roles of an evidence based practitioner. Next the book covers evaluating research into practice generalizations. Then the authors cover designs for evaluation of practice, traditional designs, application of statistical techniques in evaluation of practice and advanced statistical techniques in social work research. Next the book covers the research process in preparing for research, developing and formulating quality proposals, developing management information systems for Human Services and emerging trends and issues.
- Author BiographyJohn Wodarski is a Professor of Social Work at the University of Tennessee. During his 30 years of experience as a research scientist, he has served as the principal investigator for projects that implement and evaluate evidence based interventions and has successfully obtained funding for 75 federal, state, and foundation grants. He has co-edited or coauthored over twenty books and teaches courses in Research Methods. Laura Hopson is an Assistant Professor of Social Work at the University at Albany School of Social Welfare. Her research focuses on evidence-based prevention and intervention in schools and risk and protective factors associated with academic success. She teaches courses in Advanced Clinical Practice and Evaluation of Clinical Practice.
- Author(s)John S. Wodarski,Laura M. Hopson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleEvidence-Based Practice in Social Work
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight299 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.