All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the beginning of the century, there have been calls for the integration of traditional individualistic (micro) and management (macro) paradigms in Human Resource Management studies. In order to understand this so-called 'black box,' the HR field needs research which is more sensitive to institutional and cultural contexts, focusing on formal and informal relationships between employees, supervisors and HR managers and the means by which these organizational participants enable and motivate one ather. This book presents advanced quantitative and mixed research methods that can be used to analyze integrated macro and micro paradigms within the field of Human Resource Management. Multi actor, social network and longitudinal research practices, among others, are explored. Readers will gain insight into the advantages and disadvantages of different research methods in order to evaluate which type is most suitable to their research. This book is suitable for both advanced researchers and graduate students.
- Author BiographyKarin Sanders is Professor of Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management (HRM). Her research has been published in such scholarly outlets as the Journal of Vocational Behavior, Organizational Studies, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, International Journal of Human Resource Management, and Group and Organization Management: an international journal. She is associate editor of Evidence Based HRM. Julie A. Cogin, PhD, is associate professor at the School of Management within the Australian School of Business at the University of New South Wales. Her work has been published in journals such as Human Resource Management, International Journal of Human Resource Management, and Employee Relations. Hugh T. J. Bainbridge, PhD (University of Melbourne) is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Management, at the Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales. The results of his research have been published in the Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy and Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Management and Business Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHugh T. J. Bainbridge,Julie A. Cogin,Karin Sanders
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.