All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith thoroughly revised advice for finding, evaluating, and documenting sources, this handy spiral-bound booklet covers the essential information college students need for research assignments in more than 30 disciplines. New, up-to-date documentation models guide students as they cite common sources and newer sources such as blogs, podcasts, online videos, and reposted Web content in one of four documentation styles (MLA, APA, Chicago, and CSE). And new advice and examples help students engage in the research process, find entry points in debates, and develop their authority as researchers. The many examples, according to one college librarian, are realistic and relevant. Research and Documentation in the Digital Age is the perfect companion to any college textbook.
- Author BiographyDiana Hacker personally class-tested her handbooks with nearly four thousand students over thirty-five years at Prince George s Community College in Maryland, where she was a member of the English faculty. Hacker handbooks, built on innovation and on a keen understanding of the challenges facing student writers, are the most widely adopted in America. Hacker handbooks, all published by Bedford/St. Martin s, include The Bedford Handbook, Ninth Edition (2014); A Writer s Reference, Eighth Edition (2015); Rules for Writers, Eighth Edition (2016); and A Pocket Style Manual, Seventh Edition (2015).Barbara Fister is a professor and librarian at Gustavus Adolphus College, where she directs the library's instruction program, works with the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning, and teaches several courses, including a first-term seminar. She has published widely on information literacy, the future of publishing, and popular reading practices; she also has published a book on third world women's literatures, three novels, and is a weekly columnist for Library Journal and Inside Higher Ed.
- Author(s)Professor Barbara Fister,University Diana Hacker
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement6th
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.