All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo remove the shadow of superstition for Feng Shui practice, it is essential to use a scientific approach in the hope of combining and fusing ancient wisdom with modern kwledge in building science. Scientific Feng Shui has two meanings, namely the verification of Feng Shui principles scientifically and studying Feng Shui logically in a scientific way. This volume comprises 13 high-quality essays which were well-organized into four parts to reflect the current trends and the future development of the research undertaken in the built environment. The two core schools of Feng Shui, i.e., the Compass school and the Form school, were introduced in Part I and Part II as a primer to the understanding of the subject. In Part III and Part IV, a detailed account in researching the relationship between Feng Shui and the built environment was given in a case study approach with examples in Japan and China to illustrate the concepts comprehensible to general readers. An introductory chapter in a systematic approach will give readers a better understanding of some basic and valuable kwledge towards Feng Shui practice. This book will address the growing demand for architects, building professionals and other property practitioners to apply the concepts of Feng Shui in built environment.
- PublisherCity University of Hong Kong Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintCity University of Hong Kong Press
- Content Note21 tables
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAlbert T. So,Michael Y. Mak
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.