Research in the Decision Sciences for Global Business: Best Papers from the 2013 Annual Conference by Gyula Vastag, European Decision Sciences Institute (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $138.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $173.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together important new research in decision science, capturing the crucial role of local context in a globalized, standardized world. Assembling the best work presented at the 2013 Conference of the European Decision Sciences Institute, it considers classic decision science problems from a new perspective, offering insights for improving decision-making in government, business, healthcare, education, manufacturing, the military, and beyond. The papers in Common Disciplines that Separate Us embrace the duality of globally determined local contexts, offering new approaches to decision-making related to: * Strengthening national ecomic competitiveness * Reforming the public sector and higher education * Deploying information techlogy more effectively throughout government * Making healthcare policy that achieves better outcomes at lower cost * Analyzing social networks * Improving processes via data visualization, modeling, and simulation * Gaining more value from enterprise business intelligence * Offshoring, nearshoring, right shoring, and other key manufacturing decisions * Improving supply chain performance * And much more The papers collected here will be valuable to wide audiences of faculty, researchers, and students in diverse programs covering business, public administration, and ecomics; and for others interested in the frontiers of decision science.
- Author BiographyGyula Vastag is Professor and Magyary Chair at the National University of Public Service (Budapest, Hungary) and Professor at Szechenyi University (Gyor, Hungary). Born in Hungary, he earned PhD and Doctor of Sciences degrees from the predecessor of Corvinus University of Budapest and from the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, and he finished habilitation at Corvinus University. From the late 1980s, he spent almost two decades in the United States on the faculties of the Kelley School of Business (Indiana University), the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management (Michigan State University), and the Kenan-Flagler Business School (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill). Between 2005 and 2007, he was Visiting Professor (part-time) at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands). He spent the 2000-2001 academic year in Stuttgart, where he was Professor and Dean of Supply Chain Management Programs and held a visiting professorship afterward. Dr. Vastag coauthored two books, wrote eight business cases, and has contributed chapters to 15 books. His papers (30+ refereed journal publications) were published in a variety of peer-reviewed academic and professional journals in the United States and in Europe and in numerous conference proceedings. Gyula received several research awards: New Central Europe Distinguished Senior Researcher Scholarship (2014), Best Applications Paper Award by Alpha Iota Delta--The International Honor Society in Decision Sciences and Information Systems (2012), and Award for Research Excellence from Corvinus University (2009). He was the Founding Editor of the Pannon Management Review, is the Associate Editor of the Decision Sciences Journal, and serves on the editorial boards of the Central European Business Review, Business Research, Logistics Research, International Journal of Quality Innovation, and Vezetestudomany. Dr. Vastag worked with a number of organizations including the Aluminum Company of America (Alcoa), Carlson School of Management (University of Minnesota), International Institute for Management Development (IMD) in Switzerland, Global TransPark Authority of North Carolina, Knorr-Bremse Hungary, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, North Carolina State University, International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis (Austria), ESSEC-Mannheim Business School (Germany), OTP Bank, and the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland). He is Founding Member and Member of the Executive Board of the European Decision Sciences Institute, Vice President for Global Activities, and Member of the Executive Board of the Decision Sciences Institute, where he has also served as Program Chair and Track Chair of DSI conferences. He is Founding Member and past Associate Director of the Global Manufacturing Research Group. He served on the Executive Committee of the International Society for Inventory Research (1998-2006); between 2006 and 2014 he was Member of the Auditing Committee. The European Decision Sciences Institute (EDSI) is a professional organization of European researchers, managers, educators, students, and institutions interested in decision making in private and public organizations. Members of EDSI are automatically members of DSI, the leading independent nonprofit educational multidisciplinary professional organization of academicians and practitioners applying quantitative and behavioral approaches to managerial decision making throughout business, government, and society.
- Author(s)European Decision Sciences Institute,Gyula Vastag
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson FT Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.