Research within the Disciplines: Foundations for Reference and Library Instruction by Michael Levine-Clark, Nonny Schlotzhauer, Esther Gil, Peggy A. Keeran, Suzanne Moulton-Gertig, Jennifer Bowers (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch lies at the heart of all academic disciplines. Research Within the Disciplines: Foundations for Reference and Library Instruction is an expansion of that concept. The book provides an overview of research practices and literacy standards in the various disciplines-humanities, music, social sciences, business, government publications, engineering, and sciences-to help shape library instruction and reference assistance. Conceived and developed by the reference librarians at the University of Denver, the book grew out of team discussions about teaching research and writing within the disciplines. The book's main objective is to provide a degree of orientation toward conducting research within specific disciplines and across others. The volume includes separate chapters on the broad disciplines covered in undergraduate education, as well as concluding chapters addressing interdisciplinary research and the role of instruction as a means of developing effective researchers. The continued necessity of understanding the foundations of research, whether within the physical library or via the electronic environment, remains an underlying concern, and the advice put forth by this team of practicing academic librarians is an important step to achieving this goal.
- Author BiographyPeggy Keeran is the Arts and Humanities Reference Librarian at the University of Denver. She is co-editor of the Scarecrow Press series, Literary Research: Strategies and Sources. Suzanne L. Moulton-Gertig is the head of the University of Denver music library. Michael Levine-Clark is the Collections Librarian at the University of Denver. Nonny Schlotzhauer is the Social Sciences Librarian at the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. Esther L. Gil is the Business & Economics Reference Librarian at the University of Denver. Christopher C. Brown is the Reference Services Coordinator and Government Documents Librarian at the University of Denver Penrose Library. Joseph R. Kraus is the Science and Engineering Reference Librarian at the University of Denver, Penrose Library. Carrie Forbes is the Instruction Coordinator and Reference Librarian at the University of Denver Penrose Library. Jennifer Bowers is the Social Sciences Librarian at the University of Denver Penrose Library. She is co-editor of the Scarecrow Press series, Literary Research: Strategies and Sources.
- Author(s)Esther Gil,Jennifer Bowers,Michael Levine-Clark,Nonny Schlotzhauer,Peggy A. Keeran,Suzanne Moulton-Gertig
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Out-of-print date19/05/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.68New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.16Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $23.64
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.20Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.