All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume draws together current research on dyslexia and literacy in multilingual settings across disciplines and methodologies. The contributors, all internationally recognised in the field, address developmental and acquired literacy difficulties and dyslexia in a range of language contexts including EAL/EFL. The book uses theories and analytical frameworks of a critical nature to reveal prejudicial social practices, and suggests future research directions towards a critical re-consideration of current understandings of dyslexia in multilingual settings, with a view to foregrounding the potential for interdisciplinarity. The book also suggests ways forward for evidence-informed practice, and it will be a valuable resource for researchers, practitioners and students alike.
- Author BiographyDeirdre Martin is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education, University of Birmingham, UK. Her research interests include speech, language and literacy disabilities in multilingual contexts, research methods and the relationship between research and professional practice. Her publications include Language Disabilities in Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (2009, Multilingual Matters).
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCommunication Disorders Across Languages
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDeirdre Martin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.