All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the beginning was - t the word - but the experience. This phemelogical approach provides the basis for this book, which focuses on how a person-in-situation experiences and constructs meaning from a variety of cultural visual events. This book presents video-based processual methods for researching experiences in a variety of settings ranging from the museum, to news photography, and interactive media. The research led to the development of a set of methodological tools and approaches we term the reflexivity lab. The interaction in the experimental situation between the media and body, dialogue, moods, values and narratives have been investigated qualitatively with more than sixty informants in a range of projects. The processual methodological insights are put into a theoretical perspective and also presented as pragmatic dilemmas. Researching Experiences is relevant t only for students and researchers in media and communication studies but also for practitioners within the fields of media, communication and experience design.
- Author BiographyBruno Ingemann is Associate Professor of Communication studies at Roskilde University, Denmark and has been the head of the research group Centre for Visual Communication from 2002 to 2007. His research has been focused on three fields: Photography, focused on memory of the mirror and how readers relate to the surface of reality. Museology focusing on the reception and experience of the exhibition. Experimental reception studies focused on developing new methods of exploring the observed. Lisa Gjedde is Associate Professor of ICT, Media and Learning at the School of Education, Aarhus University, Denmark. She holds a Ph.D. in Narrative, Cognition and Communication from Roskilde University. Her research has been focused on the role of narrative in learning, the design of interactive and mobile learning environments, exploring tools for imaginative and creative learning and developing processual methods for exploring meaning making.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1329 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byBruno Ingemann,Lisa Gjedde
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.