All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSerious criticisms of research on IT in education have been published recently in both the UK and the USA. Researching IT in Education aims to provoke thought and discussion among practising researchers by considering a range of approaches to undertaking quality research. Establishing priorities and directions for future research in the sub-discipline of IT in education, the book is structured around five foci: * theory * history * research directions * methodology * research topics. This book argues for the ermous power of IT to enable fundamental research that both refines and develops theory and practice in education. High quality research that advances kwledge and educational practice in this area will generally require longer timelines and more complex data collection and analysis methods. The authors draw attention to the value of theoretical frameworks used in mainstream educational research and highlight the early theoretical work on the subject of IT in education. Researching IT in Education is the only book in its area to focus on methodological and research design issues. The individual chapters are contributed by expert researchers and leaders in the field from ten countries, thus providing an unusually broad but coherent international set of perspectives for the issues examined in the book. This book will benefit anyone interested in or undertaking research on IT in education, including academics, research students, teachers and policy-makers.
- Author BiographyAnne McDougall, John Murnane, Anthony Jones and Nick Reynolds are all at The University of Melbourne, Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAnne McDougall,Anthony Jones,John Murnane,Nick Reynolds
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.