All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on advances in research methodology in an interdisciplinary field framed by discourses of identity and interculturality. It includes a range of qualitative studies: studies of interaction, narrative studies, conversation analysis, ethgraphic studies, postcolonial studies and critical discourse studies, and emphasizes the role of discourse and power in all studies of identity and interculturality. The volume particularly focuses on critical reflexivity in every stage of research, including reflections on theoretical concepts (such as 'identity' and 'interculturality') and their relationship with methodology and analytical practice, reflections on researcher identity and subjectivity, reflections on local and global contexts of research, and reflections on language choice and linguacultural aspects of data generation, analysis and communication.
- Author BiographyFred Dervin is Professor of Multicultural Education at the University of Helsinki, Finland. He specializes in language and intercultural education, the sociology of multiculturalism and linguistics for intercultural communication and education. Dervin has widely published in international journals on identity, the 'intercultural' and mobility/migration. Karen Risager is Professor Emerita at Cultural Encounters, Roskilde University, Denmark. She has published widely on language, culture and identity theorized in a transnational and global perspective. Empirical areas researched are the cultural dimensions of foreign language teaching and learning, the cultural dimensions of second language learning among migrants, and multilingual policies at the international university.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Language and Intercultural Communication
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFred Dervin,Karen Risager
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.