All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational migration and workers' remittances have, of late, become a significant ecomic and social phemena affecting the fortunes of millions of families in the developing countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. Yet, the measurements and methods of analysis of their impact on the individuals, families, ecomy, and society have t received the attention they deserve. A first-of-its-kind study of international migration, based on large-scale surveys across a span of 15 years of fieldwork, this book: * includes methods of conducting field surveys, estimating migration, and analysing migration trends, remittances, selectivity, and differentials; * assesses other demographic, socio-ecomic phemen, such as education, employment and women's status; * provides a methodology to evaluate remittances and their influence on the ecomy; and * examines social costs of migration on those left behind - parents, wives and children - a neglected area in the field of migration. This handbook will be invaluable to scholars and students of migration studies, demography, development studies and sociology as well as policy-makers, administrators, academics, and n-governmental organisations in the field.
- Author BiographyK. C. Zachariah is Honorary Professor, Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India. S. Irudaya Rajan is Chair Professor, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) Research Unit on International Migration, Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Author(s)K. C. Zachariah,S. Irudaya Rajan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.