All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNever in the recent history of foreign language education have we seen so much earnest concern for the philosophies which underlie research methods. The primary force behind this concern has been the rise of a socio-cultural paradigm in foreign language education from which new ways of integrating teaching theory and practice are emerging. All but one of the papers collected in this volume were presented and discussed at the international seminar Understanding the Language Classroom and New Directions for Language Teaching Research held in Kobe, Japan, from 14 to 17 March 2007. The volume has reframed research accounts of classroom and learner issues by clarifying the powerful connections between philosophically different families of both recently developed and conventional research practices: Exploratory Practice, Action Research, Narrative Inquiry, Learner Automy, and Strategy-based Language Learning.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Tatsuhiro Yoshida, Hiroyuki Imai and Yoshiyuki Nakata are all Associate Professors of English language education at the Joint Graduate School in the Science of School Education at Hyogo University of Teacher Education, Hyogo, Japan. Akira Tajino is Professor of Educational Linguistics and a founding member of the Department of Foreign Language Acquisition and Education in the Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies at Kyoto University. Osamu Takeuchi is Professor of Applied Linguistics in the Graduate School/Institute of Foreign Language Education and Research, Kansai University, Osaka, Japan. Ken Tamai is Professor in the Department of International Relations and director of the graduate program in TESOL at Kobe City University of Foreign Studies.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight550 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byAkira Tajino,Hiroyuki Imai,Tatsuhiro Yoshida,Yoshiyuki Nakata
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.