Researching Translation and Interpreting by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume offers a comprehensive view of current research directions in Translation and Interpreting Studies, outlining the theoretical concepts underpinning that research and presenting detailed discussions of the various methods used. Organized around three factors that are responsible for shaping the study of translation and interpreting today-post-positivist theoretical approaches, developments in the language industry, and techlogical invations-this volume is divided into three parts: * Part I introduces the basic concepts organizing translation and interpreting research, such as the difference between qualitative and quantitative research, between product-oriented and process-oriented studies, and between prescriptive and descriptive approaches. * Part II provides a theoretical mapping of current translation and interpreting research, covering the theories underlying the current conceptualization of translation and interpreting, from queer studies to cognitive science. * Part III explores the key methodological approaches to research in Translation and Interpreting Studies, including corpus-based, longitudinal, observational, and ethgraphic studies, as well as survey and focus group-based studies. The international range of contributors are all leading research experts who use the methodologies in their work. They present the research aims of these methods, offer sample research questions that can-and cant-be addressed by these methods, and discuss modes of data collection and analysis. This is an essential reference for all advanced undergraduates, postgraduates, and researchers in Translation and Interpreting Studies.
- Author BiographyClaudia V. Angelelli is Chair in Multilingualism and Communication at Heriot-Watt University, UK. Her publications include Medical Interpreting and Cross-cultural Communication (2004) and Re-visiting the Interpreter's Role (2004). She is the co-editor of Testing and Assessment in Translation and Interpreting Studies (2009). Brian James Baer is Professor of Russian and Translation Studies at Kent State University, USA. He is founding editor of the scholarly journal Translation and Interpreting Studies and author of the monograph Translation and the Making of Modern Russian Literature (2015). He is also the co-editor of Russian Writers on Translation (Routledge, 2013).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight416 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBrian James Baer,Claudia V. Angelelli
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.