All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a wide range of methodological strategies that are designed to take into account the complex, emergent, and continually shifting character of virtual worlds. It interrogates how virtual worlds emerge as objects of study through the development and application of various methodological strategies. Virtual worlds are t considered objects that exist as entities with fixed attributes independent of our continuous engagement with them and interpretation of them. Instead, they are conceived of as complex ensembles of techlogy, humans, symbols, discourses, and ecomic structures, ensembles that emerge in ongoing practices and specific situations. A broad spectrum of perspectives and methodologies is presented: Actor-Network-Theory and post-Actor-Network-Theory, performativity theory, ethgraphy, discourse analysis, Sense-Making Methodology, visual ethgraphy, multi-sited ethgraphy, and Social Network Analysis.
- Author BiographyLouise Phillips is Associate Professor in Communication Studies at the Department of Communication, Business and Information Technologies, Roskilde University, Denmark. Ursula Plesner is Assistant Professor in the Department of Organization, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in New Media and Cyberculture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLouise Phillips,Ursula Plesner
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.