All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
About this product
- DescriptionMathematics education research as a discipline is situated at the confluence of an array of diffuse' seemingly incommensurable' and radically divergent discourses. Research claims that have grown out of mathematics education are wide-ranging and antagonistic rather than circumscribed by hidebound disciplinary frames. While there has never been a unified' totalising discipline of kwledge labelled 'mathematics education research and while it has always been a contested terrain' it is fair to say that the master paradigm out of which this field has been generated has been that of cognitive psychology. Mainstream mathematics education kwledges refracting the master discourse of psychology -whereby cognition serves as the central privileged and defining concept- clearly delimits its possibilities for serving as a social tool of democratic transformation. The central point of departure of this new collection is that mathematics education research is insufficiently univocal to support the type of uncompromising interpretation that cognitive psychologists would bring to it. The hallmark contribution of this pathbreaking volume edited by Paola Valero and Robyn Zevenbergen is the paradigmatic shift the authors have effected in the field of mathematics education research' taking up a position at the faultline of socio-cultural analysis and critical pedagogy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/08/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleMathematics Education Library
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 35
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byPaola Valero,Robyn Zevenbergen
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.