All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a superb collection of the best of Alice Maher's artwork alongside never-before-seen sketchbooks which examine her influences, inspiration and processes. Reservoir showcases Alice Maher's never-before-seen collection of sketchbooks and tebooks that span her entire career. These colourful, playful and evocative documents are placed alongside some of Maher's pivotal artworks, inviting the reader to examine how the artist drew from her 'reservoir' of sketches, musings and ideas to form the cornerstones of her rewned artistic career, and to examine the complex relationship between inspiration and 'finished' pieces. Beautifully crafted and designed with a full and invative engagement with the material, Reservoir draws from Alice Maher's famed body of work to become a work of art in itself. A hugely influential artist internationally, Maher was recently selected as one of 4 Irish artists to be commemorated on a special series of stamps in her native Ireland.
- Author BiographyBorn in Tipperary in 1956, Alice Maher was awarded a Masters degree in Fine Art from the University of Ulster and a Fulbright Scholarship to San Francisco Art Institute. Maher's work can be seen in significant international collections such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York; the British Museum, in London; and the Pompidou Centre, in Paris.
- Author(s)Alice Maher
- PublisherRoads Publishing
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintRoads Publishing
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight703 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.