All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: HOUSE WIRING, 3E offers a concrete approach to teaching the most current electrical wiring practices in use in the housing industry. Like all books in the RCA series, House Wiring is based on the Skills Standards approved by NAHB's Home Builders Institute. The NAHB/HBI Skills Standards were developed by a board of industry and academic experts. Popular topics such as alternative energy systems and green coverage including sustainable building practices as they apply to house wiring are included in this new edition. This text is also updated to include the latest 2011 Electrical Code, An increased number of procedures help students better understand common house wiring practices along with additional end of the chapter review questions that help to reinforce material covered and improve critical thinking skills. Teaching aids such as a From Experience section which addresses common residential wiring practices and scenarios and Caution boxes that emphasize the on-going importance of safety help students retain and apply what they have learned. An English and Spanish glossary is also included.
- Author BiographyGregory W. Fletcher is chairman of the Trades and Technology Department and director/instructor of the Electrical Technology program at Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield, Maine. With more than 30 years of experience in the electrical field, he has taught electrical wiring practices at the secondary level, apprentice level, and post-secondary level. He is also the author of THE ELECTRICIAN'S GUIDE TO PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM INSTALLATION, RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: HOUSE WIRING WORKBOOK/LAB MANUAL, and GUIDE TO USING THE NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE. Licensed since 1976--first as a Journeyman and then as a Master Electrician--Mr. Fletcher holds an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Electrical Construction and Maintenance, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Applied Technical Education, and a Master of Science Degree in Industrial Education. In addition, he is a member of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors and the National Fire Protection Association.
- Author(s)Gregory Fletcher
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication18/05/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1920 g
- Width222 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.