All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the increasing densification of the cities, high-rise accommodation is gaining in importance. Climatic, constructional and social challenges have often led to highly invative solutions for the residential tower, as a recent architectural type that is still constantly evolving. This selection of 80 architecturally exemplary tower blocks on five continents makes it possible to compare various different approaches. Buildings ranging in time from the 1930s to the present are each portrayed with plans, photographs and short texts, along with biographical tes on the architects. The introduction and three essays discuss various aspects of the development and significance of the residential tower in the international context.
- Author BiographyAnnette Gigon and Mike Guyer are Professors of Architecture and Construction at the ETH in Zurich. They also run the Gigon/Guyer architecture practice, which designed the Prime Tower (2004-11) and the Lowenbrau Areal in Zurich (completed in 2013). Felix Jerusalem is an architect based in Zurich.
- Author(s)Annette Gigon,Felix Jerusalem,Mike Guyer
- PublisherGta Verlag
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintGta Verlag
- Weight1518 g
- Width241 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.