All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThat residues of pestidde and other foreign chemicals in foodstufts are of concern to everyone everywhere is amply attested by the reception accorded previous volumes of Residue Reviews and by the gratifying en- thusiasm, sincerity, and effons shown by all the individuals from whom manuscripts have been solidted. Despite much propaganda to the contrary, there can never be any serious question that pest-control chemicals and food- additive chemicals are essential to adequate food production, manufacture, marketing, and storage, yet without continuing surveillance and intelligent control some of those that pers ist in our foodstuffs could at times conceivably endanger the public health. Ensuring safety-in-use of these many chemicals is a dynamic challenge, for established ones are continually being displaced by newly developed ones more acceptable to food techlogists, pharma- cologists, toxicologists, and changing pest-control requirements in progressive food-producing ecomies. These matters are also of genuine concern to increasing numbers of governmental agencies and legislative bodies around the world, for some of these chemicals have resulted in a few mishaps from improper use. Adequate safety-in-use evaluations of any of these chemicals persisting into our food- stuffs are t simple matters, and they incorporate the considered judgments of many individuals highly trained in a variety of complex biological, chemi- cal, food techlogical, medical, pharmacological, and toxicological dis- ciplines.
- Author(s)Francis A. Gunther
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleReviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1968
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.