Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThat residues of pesticide and other foreign chemicals in food- stuffs are of concern to everyone everywhere is amply attested by the reception accorded previous volumes of Residue Reviews and by the gratifying enthUSiasm, sincerity, and efforts shown by all the individ- uals from whom manuscripts have been solicited. Despite much propaganda to the contrary, there can never be any serious question that pest-control chemicals and food-additive chemicals are essential to adequate food production, manufacture, marketing, and storage, yet without continuing surveillance and intelligent control some of those that persist in our foodstuffs could at times conceivably endanger the public health. Ensuring safety-in-use of these many chemicals is a dynamic challenge, for established ones are continually being dis- placed by newly developed ones more acceptable to food techlogists, pharmacologists, toxicologists, and changing pest-control requirements in progressive food-prodUCing ecomies. These matters are also of genuine concern to increasing numbers of governmental agencies and legislative bodies around the world, for some of these chemicals have resulted in a few mishaps from improper use. Adequate safety-in-use evaluations of any of these chemicals per- sisting into our foodstuffs are t simple matters, and they incorporate the considered judgments of many individuals highly trained in a variety of complex biological, chemical, food. techlogical, medical, pharmacological, and toxicological disciplines.
- Author(s)Francis A. Gunther
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/04/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleReviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight237 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1969
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.