All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith an eye towards environmental sustainability, this book presents a step-by-step approach to formulating the resilience of civil infrastructure and energy systems. It provides a concise explanation of resilience termilogy, a general overview of theoretical models and analyses, and a clear guide to practical applications, covering critical topics such as interdependent infrastructures and geologic carbon sequestration. Additionally, it contains a general introduction to selected data science topics, so readers can acquire the tools to formulate and analyze resilience engineering problems in depth. Informed by the author's extensive practical experience and thorough academic background, this book includes examples to illustrate key computational algorithms, end-of-chapter exercises and references, and an entire chapter devoted to case studies. Intended for practitioners of resilience engineering with a background in probability, this book offers a balanced blend of background, theory, and practical examples to address one of the most important emerging topics of modern times.
- Author BiographyNii Attoh-Okine is a Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at the University of Delaware. He is also on the editorial board of the International Journal of Civil Engineering and Building Materials. In addition he has also served as chair and co-chair of major conferences on uncertainty and risk analysis.
- Author(s)Nii O. Attoh-Okine
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 b/w illus. 22 tables
- Weight470 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.