All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur uncertain times are hard eugh for adults to navigate. For all too many young people-even many who appear to possess good coping skills-the challenges may seem overwhelming. More and more, resilience stands as an integral component in prevention programs geared to children and adolescents, whether at risk or t. Resilience Interventions for Youth in Diverse Populations details successful programs used with children and teens in a wide range of circumstances and conditions, both clinical and n-clinical. New strength-based models clarify the core aspects of resilience and translate them into positive social, health, educational, and emotional outcomes. Program descriptions and case examples cover diverse groups from homeless preschoolers to transgender youth to children with autism spectrum disorders, while interventions are carried out in settings as varied as the classroom and the clinic, the parent group and the playground. This unique collection of studies moves the field toward more consistent and developmentally appropriate application of the science of resilience building. Among the empirically supported programs featured: * Promoting resilience in the foster care system.* Developing social competence through a resilience model.* Building resilience in young children the Sesame Street way.* School-based intervention for resilience in ADHD.* Girls Leading Outward: promoting resilience in at-risk middle school girls.* Resiliency in youth who have been exposed to violence. Resilience Interventions for Youth in Diverse Populations is an essential resource for researchers, professionals/practitioners, and graduate students in clinical child and school psychology, social work, educational psychology, child and adolescent psychiatry, developmental psychology, and pediatrics.
- Author BiographySandra Prince-Embury, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and family therapist serving children, adolescents and families for thirty years. In addition to clinical work, Dr. Prince-Embury taught at Pennsylvania State University and engaged in research on community response to technical disaster. Her work with residents of the Three Mile Island community is housed at the Dickenson College Archives in PA. Dr. Prince-Embury also served as Senior Research Director for The Psychological Corporation/ Pearson Assessments. Currently Director of the Resiliency Institute of Allenhurst, LLC, she is engaged in research, writing and consultation associated with her Resiliency Scales for Children and Adolescents (RSCA). Dr. Prince-Embury recently co-edited Resilience in Children, Adolescents, and Adults: Translating Research into Practice (2013) with Donald H. Saklofske. Donald. H. Saklofske, Ph.D., is a Professor in the Department of Psychology, The University of Western Ontario, Canada. His main research interests include intelligence, personality, and individual differences. He has published more than 30 books, 80 book chapters, and 150 journal articles and is editor of the Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, Co- Editor of the Canadian Journal of School Psychology, and Associate Editor for Personality and Individual Differences. He is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association and the Association for Psychological Science.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleThe Springer Series on Human Exceptionality
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight901 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDonald H. Saklofske,Sandra Prince-Embury
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.