All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs managers grapple with the challenges of the effects of climate change in a hyper-connected, global ecomy, they are paying increasing attention to their organisation's resilience - its capacity to survive, adapt, and flourish in the face of turbulent change. Sudden natural disruptions and increasingly vulnerable supply chains are increasingly the new rmal. Business as usual is match for this new world and many companies are unaware of how fragile they really are. If they are going to cope, management needs a new paradigm, one that considers as an interrelated whole the infrastructure, the built environment, the ecosystems, and the social fabric in which businesses operate. Resilient by Design provides managers with a more complete approach to creating lasting success in a changing world. Rich with examples and case studies of organisations that are designing resilience into the very fabric of their organisations, it explains how to connect the important external systems, stakeholders, communities, infrastructure, supply chains, and natural resources, to create invative, dynamic organisations that survive and prosper under any circumstances. Resilient enterprises continue to grow and evolve in order to meet the needs and expectations of their shareholders and stakeholders. They adapt successfully to turbulence by anticipating disruptive changes, recognising new business opportunities, building strong relationships, and designing resilient assets, products, and processes. Written by one of the leading experts in how such companies are built and managed, Resilient by Design offers a better way forward in a world that is increasingly less certain than ever.
- Author BiographyDr. Joseph Fiksel is co-founder and Executive Director of the Center for Resilience at The Ohio State University. He is a recognised authority on sustainability and resilience, with over twenty-five years of research and consulting experience for government, industry, and international consortia. Previously, he was Director of Decision & Risk Management at Arthur D. Little and Vice President for Life Cycle Management at Battelle. He holds a bachelor's degree from M.I.T., a doctorate in Operations Research from Stanford University, and an advanced degree from The Sorbonne in Paris.
- Author(s)Joseph Fiksel
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication22/12/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Note34 illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width130 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.