Resolving Erroneous Reports in Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: A Comprehensive Guide by Amitava DasGupta (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $195.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $227.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe tools for detecting false positives, false negatives, and interference in interactions when testing and monitoring therapeutic drug use For physicians monitoring a patient's progress, efficacy of treatment is often linked to a patient's response to medication. Determining whether a patient is taking the prescribed amount, the drug or dosage is effective, or the prescribed medication is interacting with other drugs can be determined through drug testing. Written as a guide for toxicologists, chemists, and health professionals involved in patient care, Resolving Erroneous Reports in Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring provides an up-to-date introduction to the tests and methodologies used in a toxicology lab as well as the sources of testing error that can lead to false positives, false negatives, and unreliable conclusions of drug abuse or under use. Covering a host of common therapeutic drugs as well as specific types of interference in immuassays used in drug testing, the book details a number of possible testing scenarios and problems as well as solutions: * False positive results in immuassays for drugs in abuse testing * Interferences in immuassays used for monitoring anticonvulsants, tricyclic antidepressants, and digoxin * False positive alcohol tests using breath analyzers and automated analyzers * When a toxicology report is negative in a suspected overdose patient: the world of designer drugs * Effects of drug-herb interactions on therapeutic drug monitoring * Pharmacogemics and the general principles of genetic analysis * Approaches for eliminating interference/discordant specimen in therapeutic drug monitoring and drugs in abuse testing * What to do in case there is readily available method for testing Complete with easy-to-read tables and flowcharts, this book helps toxicologists, clinical chemists, clinical pathologists, and forensic pathologists develop accurate, unbiased drug monitoring and toxicology reports. Health care professionals involved in patient care, especially of critically ill patients, will find this guide indispensable in making sure lab tests are reliable eugh to provide high-quality care. An indispensable handbook to the entire suite of toxicology lab tests, as well as all the possible sources of testing error, Resolving Erroneous Reports in Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring offers clear remedies for eliminating and preventing testing error.
- Author BiographyAMITAVA DASGUPTA is a Professor in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston and the director of clinical chemistry, toxicology, and point of care testing at the Memorial Hermann Hospital. He is the author of Herbal Supplements and Pharmacogenomics in Clinical Therapeutics, both published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Amitava DasGupta
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/08/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width157 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.