All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContinuity and change enclose a problem field that is fundamental to the interpretation of historical material. On the one hand the tions that are necessary to perceive the historical account as a narrative: continuity, tradition, constancy, consistency, identity; on the other those that provide an impetus or drive to that account: change, invation, rupture, or discontinuity. Resonances: Historical Essays on Continuity and Change explores the historiographical question of the modes of interrelation between these motifs in historical narratives. The essays in the collection attempt to realize theoretical consciousness through historical narrative 'in practice', by discussing selected historical topics from Western cultural history, within the disciplines of history, literature, visual arts, musicology, archaeology, philosophy, and theology. The title Resonances indicates the overall perspective of the book: how contations of past meanings may resonate through time, in new contexts, assuming new meanings without surrendering the old.
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication08/07/2011
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationTurnhout
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols N.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures, colour plates
- Weight590 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndreas Bucker,Eyolf Ostrem,Nils Holger Petersen
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.