All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContaining over 70 topics from Medieval Britain to the Restoration, this resource offers ready-to-use lesson plans for teachers wanting to inspire their 11-14-year-olds. Because teachers have so many things to do, creating new, inspiring lessons can often take a back seat. This book is designed to assist you in providing lesson ideas on everything from the Roman Empire to Martin Luther King. With more than 70 curriculum-linked lessons suitable for teaching 11-14-year-olds, this fabulously user-friendly resource features activities and teaching strategies based on the latest research and best practice. The practical, task-based activities are aimed at supporting and reinforcing your teaching, and promoting pupils' enjoyment of the subject; encouraging their curiosity and imagination and helping them to develop enquiring minds and engage with the past. There are activities for individual, pair and group work, and the worksheets are all photocopiable and downloadable. This is an essential resource for all secondary school history teachers: newly qualified, experienced and in training. It's hard eugh for teachers to fit all their marking, extra-curricular duties and training into their lives, let alone finding time to think up exciting new ways of delivering their subject to a mixed-ability class. This new series offers complete, curriculum-friendly lesson plans for busy secondary school teachers of various disciplines. Each title includes an assortment of approximately 70 lesson plans designed to motivate and inspire students. Each plan consists of a teacher's sheet, providing: the aims and objectives of the lesson; the materials required; a lesson starter, main lesson plan and plenary, each with suggested timeframes to help teachers keep inside the parameters of the lesson; homework ideas, and guidance on how to adapt the activities to make them harder or easier for gifted and talented, or less able pupils. Each plan also includes a photocopiable, or downloadable student worksheet which corresponds to the teacher's lesson plan.
- Author BiographySusie Hodge is a secondary school teacher, part time trainer and writer.
- Author(s)Susie Hodge
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleResources for Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight540 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.