All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionRespiratory muscle training (RMST) programs are of great interest to the community of speech language pathologists since they function as rehabilitative strategies in many individuals. It is imperative that clinicians be taught the specific parameters that can be manipulated to change training effects, as well as studying issues of training length and the consequences of detraining, which occurs when therapy has terminated. Critics will agree that there are other materials like this one on the market; something pocket-sized and easily accessible so that clinicians can refer to it daily. The book will also be full of useful illustrations, demonstrating step-by-step processes on how to manipulate the device and finish training.
- Author BiographyChristine Sapienza, Ph.D., is a Professor and Chair in the Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida. She also is a research career health scientist at the Malcom Randall VA in Gainesville, Florida, with the Brain Rehabilitation Research Center. Dr. Sapienza received her Ph.D. from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 1993 in speech and voice science, and her current research interests are disordered voice production, treatment of neuromotor disorders, defining outcomes of strength training paradigms, and integrating basic physiological techniques to study rehabilitation strategies. Her most recent work focuses on the use of strength training paradigms in multiple populations, including Parkinson's disease, voice disorders, spinal cord injury, and multiple sclerosis. She maintains an active research laboratory with four current Ph.D. students. She has several active grants, including an NIH/NCMMR R21 and a VA Merit Review. She has over 100 publications and 150 lectures, presentations, and workshops to date.
- Author(s)Christine M. Sapienza
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content NoteB/W
- Weight68 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.