All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionResponding to Drug Misuse provides a unique insight into the current shape of the drugs treatment system in England. Reporting findings from research linked to the government's ten year drugs strategy Tackling Drugs to Build a Better Britain, the book places these in the context of policy, practice, and service development. It goes on to discuss the implications of these findings for the government's new strategy Drugs: Protecting Families and Communities. Throughout the book contributors reflect on current debates on drug strategies and social policy and consider the relevance of the findings for policy and practice. Topics discussed include: * recent trends in drug policy and how these link to crime * responses of dedicated drug treatment services * service users' perceptions and suggestions for improvement * the impact of drug misuse on children, families and communities. This timely addition to the literature on drug misuse will be essential for substance use practitioners, including social workers, psychiatrists, psychologists and nurses. It will also supply helpful guidance for health and social care commissioners and policy providers.
- Author BiographySusanne MacGregor holds a Leverhulme Emeritus Research Fellowship at the Centre for History in Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and is the Programme Coordinator for the Department of Health's Drugs Misuse Research Initiative.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited bySusanne MacGregor
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.