All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe authority on building empirical models and the fitting of such surfaces to data-completely updated and revised Revising and updating a volume that represents the essential source on building empirical models, George Box and Norman Draper-rewned authorities in this field-continue to set the standard with the Second Edition of Response Surfaces, Mixtures, and Ridge Analyses, providing timely new techniques, new exercises, and expanded material. A comprehensive introduction to building empirical models, this book presents the general philosophy and computational details of a number of important topics, including factorial designs at two levels; fitting first and second-order models; adequacy of estimation and the use of transformation; and occurrence and elucidation of ridge systems. Substantially rewritten, the Second Edition reflects the emergence of ridge analysis of second-order response surfaces as a very practical tool that can be easily applied in a variety of circumstances. This unique, fully developed coverage of ridge analysis-a technique for exploring quadratic response surfaces including surfaces in the space of mixture ingredients and/or subject to linear restrictions-includes MINITAB(r) routines for performing the calculations for any number of dimensions. Many additional figures are included in the new edition, and new exercises (many based on data from published papers) offer insight into the methods used. The exercises and their solutions provide a variety of supplementary examples of response surface use, forming an extremely important component of the text. Response Surfaces, Mixtures, and Ridge Analyses, Second Edition presents material in a logical and understandable arrangement and includes six new chapters covering an up-to-date presentation of standard ridge analysis (without restrictions); design and analysis of mixtures experiments; ridge analysis methods when there are linear restrictions in the experimental space including the mixtures experiments case, with or without further linear restrictions; and canical reduction of second-order response surfaces in the foregoing general case. Additional features in the new edition include:* New exercises with worked answers added throughout* An extensive revision of Chapter 5: Blocking and Fractionating 2k Designs* Additional discussion on the projection of two-level designs into lower dimensional spaces This is an ideal reference for researchers as well as a primary text for Response Surface Methodology graduate-level courses and a supplementary text for Design of Experiments courses at the upper-undergraduate and beginning-graduate levels.
- Author BiographyGEORGE E. P. BOX, PhD, DSc, FRS, is Ronald Aylmer Fisher Professor Emeritus of Statistics and Industrial Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society, an Honorary Fellow and Shewhart and Deming Medalist of the American Society for Quality, and was awarded the Guy Medal in Gold from the Royal Statistical Society. He is also the recipient of the Samuel S. Wilks Memorial Medal of the American Statistical Association. NORMAN DRAPER is Professor Emeritus of Statistics in the Department of Statistics at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. He received his PhD from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and has published dozens of papers in professional journals. He is the coauthor (with Harry Smith) of Applied Regression Analysis, Third Edition, published by Wiley.
- Author(s)George E. P. Box,N.R. Draper
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2007
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1590 g
- Width184 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.