Response to Intervention: A Practical Guide for Every Teacher by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.56+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionResponse to Intervention: A Practical Guide for Every Teacher shows general and special education teachers how to use research-based interventions effectively to individualize instruction, monitor individual student progress, and implement strategies to meet the specific needs of the students. Today's teachers' roles and responsibilities have been transformed by NCLB and the reauthorization of IDEA in order to benefit many children who are challenged by their academic content. Prompted by several legislative measures, response to intervention (RTI) provides strategies for documenting the existence or n-existence of a learning disability. All educators will become involved in implementation of programs to demonstrate how students respond on an individual basis to various educational interventionsumost often in the general education classroom. This resource is intended as a practical guide to assist teachers with the challenge of what, for many, will be a new instructional procedure. Offering vignettes, examples, and forms based on the problem-solving and standards-based approach to RTI, this practical guide gives teachers the basic and necessary steps to successfully provide their students with a fair and appropriate education in the least restrictive environment.
- Author BiographyLearn more about William Bender's PD offerings Consulting Description: Differentiated Instruction Consulting Description: Math Consulting Description: Project-Based Learning Consulting Description: RTI Consulting Description: Technology William N. Bender began his career by teaching eighth- and ninth-grade students in the public schools. He worked in higher education for 28 years and published over 60 research articles and 24 books in education. He specializes in instructional strategies for all students and is recognized as a national leader on instructional tactics, response to intervention, and differentiated instruction. Dr. Bender believes his job is to inform audiences across the nation of innovative, up to date information, based on current applied research. Dr. Bender received his Ph.D. in Special Education from the University of North Carolina and currently consults with schools and districts in the United States and Canada. Cara Shores began her career as a special education teacher and taught children in both pullout and inclusive classrooms. Shores has trained thousands of teachers and administrators across the United States on practical strategies for inclusion, co-teaching, and increasing achievement for all students through differentiated instruction and RTI. She provides regional and national training for the Council for Exceptional Children. She is co-author of Response to Intervention: A Practical Guide for Every Teacher. Shores now serves as the president of Wesley Educational Services. She received her master's degree and educational specialists's degree from the University of West Georgia and has served as student support services coordinator and district director of special education.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byCara F. Shores,William N. Bender
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.