All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuccessful implementation of response to intervention (RTI) for academic skills problems requires rigorous progress monitoring. This book shows how the proven instructional techlogy kwn as precision teaching (PT) can facilitate progress monitoring while building K-12 students' fluency in reading, writing, math, and the content areas. Detailed instructions help general and special education teachers use PT to target specific skills at all three tiers of RTI, and incorporate it into project-based learning. Of crucial importance for RTI implementers, the book provides explicit procedures for measuring and charting learning outcomes during each PT session, and using the data to fine-tune instruction. Reproducible charts and other useful tools can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size.
- Author BiographyKent Johnson, PhD, is the founder and Executive Director of Morningside Academy, in Seattle, Washington. He is recipient of the Allyn and Bacon Exemplary Program Award from the Council for Exceptional Children, the Edward L. Anderson Award in Recognition of Exemplary Contributions to Behavioral Education from the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies, and the Ogden R. Lindsley Lifetime Achievement Award in Precision Teaching from the Standard Celeration Society, among other awards. Dr. Johnson's work focuses on the development of research-based curriculum and teaching methods. Elizabeth M. Street, EdD, BCBA, is Professor of Psychology at Central Washington University. Dr. Street's research interests include instructional design and implementation, particularly in reading and mathematics; classroom management; and behavioral interventions with students with developmental disabilities and autism spectrum disorders.
- Author(s)Elizabeth M. Street,Kent Johnson
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight382 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.