Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEcomic development is rooted in disruption, t in equilibrium. And a powerful engine of ecomic development is invation; but is this invation always for the common good? The dark side of the extraordinary dynamism of invation lies precisely in its destructive power. If simply left to market forces, it could lead to social chaos and great human suffering. To face the challenges of our time, we must create the proper climate and culture to develop strong entrepreneurial drive. But, more than ever, we must give this entrepreneurial drive its ethical and societal dimensions. Responsible invation means a more voluntary orientation towards the great problems of the 21st century, e.g. depletion of the planet's resources, rising inequality, and new scientific developments potentially threatening freedom, democracy and human integrity. We need to transform our ceaseless creativity into real progress for humankind. In this respect, the rapid development of social invation opens the door for new methods and practices. In Responsible Invation, Philippe de Woot challenges conventional ways of thinking. This book has the power to shift accepted rms in our ways of doing business.
- Author BiographyPHILIPPE DE WOOT is Emeritus Professor at Louvain Catholic University in Belgium, where he taught Business Policy, Strategic Management and Business Ethics. He is actively committed to researching and promoting CSR.
- Author(s)Philippe de Woot
- PublisherGreenleaf Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintGreenleaf Publishing
- Weight249 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.