All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $25.05
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1928, and the presidential election between Herbert Hoover and Al Smith is on everybody's mind-everyone but Police Chief James Buckner of Corinth, Missouri. A young woman's corpse has been discovered buried in the cellar wall of a boarding house in the nearby mining village of Taylor. Kwing he's one of the best detectives they have, Corinth's officials allow Chief Buckner to investigate. Buckner learns the woman was strangled and then immersed in acid before being buried. Worse, she was pregnant. His investigation takes him to Arkansas and Tennessee, where he realizes he may be on the trail of a serial killer-one who specializes in murdering young prostitutes. But as Buckner closes in on the killer, he kws that coming up with eugh evidence for a conviction may be difficult, if t downright impossible. Tragically, one seems to care about the dead women except Buckner. One thing is for sure: the murderer will kill again. But in this hardboiled world of nasty politics, questionable morals, and ruthless ambition, stopping his prey might exact a price that Buckner isn't willing to pay. From Missouri backwoods to seedy brothels, Rest Her Soul reveals the dark underbelly of America in the 1920s.
- Author(s)Christopher C Gibbs
- Date of Publication08/10/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.