Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe restaurant boom of the last twenty years has led to an increase in both the volume and diversity of restaurants in the worldGCOs major cities. Consumer expectations have risen dramaticallyGCorestaurants have become so much more than simply places to eat.As living space in the city shrinks and city dwellers have less private room to call their own, they are increasingly choosing to dine out in public spaces. These arenas are where the modern urbanite GC[yen]performsGC[yen] his or her identityGCowhere we eat and drink defines, to an extent, our social selves. Modern techlogy and communications have made us more mobile than ever, leading to an unprecedented awareness of other cultures. This is reflected in the rich diversity of food and design on display in todayGCOs restaurants. In the twenty-first century, eating out is as much about entertainment as urishment.Now restaurants can look like anything from a bedroom (such as SupperGCo club Roma) to the Arabian-style Nomads in Amsterdam or the futuristic Pod in Philadelphia. As long as thereGCOs somewhere to rest a plate, when it comes to inspiration, the world is the restaurant designerGCOs oyster. Restaurant Design celebrates the most inspirational and beautiful restaurant spaces from around the worldGCoplaces built to seduce diners and fire the imagination. After a brief introduction tracing the history of restaurant design, the book is divided into five categories: Global, Retro-Pop, Modern Classics, High Concept, and New Baroque.Internationally rewned designers featured include Christian Liaigre, David Rockwell, Philippe Starck, David Schefer, Jordan Mozer, Patrick Jouin, and Karim Rashid. From the modern elegance of Craft in New York to the quirky decadence of LondonGCOs Les Trois Gar+ * ons, this muse of a book features dining environments to suit every mood and every taste.
- Author(s)Bethan Ryder
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/10/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width269 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.