All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the restoration of teeth retained through root canal treatment, from the perspective of adhesive dentistry. The challenge of adhesion to root dentin is first explained and guidance provided on assessment of the restorability of endodontically treated teeth. The types of prefabricated passive post are then described in detail. The advantages and disadvantages of each type are outlined, with identification of the factors that influence post selection. Further topics include the ferrule effect, evidence-based clinical applications of fiber posts and new methods to lute fiber posts to the root canal without dentin adhesives. In addition, frequent myths are identified and dispelled. All aspects are illustrated with clinical and laboratory images, diagrams and high-resolution electron microscopy photographs.
- Author BiographyJorge Perdigao, DMD, MS, PhD, is Full Professor in the Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA. Dr. Perdigao graduated from the University of Lisbon, School of Medical Dentistry, in 1985 and subsequently gained his MS degree in Operative Dentistry from the Graduate College and School of Dentistry, University of Iowa, and his PhD degree in Dental Materials from the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium. He has worked in the Department of Restorative Sciences at the University of Minnesota for the past 15 years, having previously been Associate Professor at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Operative Dentistry. Dr. Perdigao acts as a Consultant to the American Dental Association Council on Scientific Affairs and to the Food and Drugs Administration on Whitening Materials. He is a past member of the American Association for Dental Research (AADR) Fellowships Committee and the joint AADR and International Association for Dental Research (IADR) Publications Committee and is presently a member of the AADR Edward H. Hatton Awards Committee (2014-7). Dr. Perdigao is a longstanding member of the editorial boards of American Journal of Dentistry, Journal of Adhesive Dentistry (currently Associate Editor) and Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry. He has published more than 130 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/10/2015
- LanguageEnglish & English
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 122 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJorge Perdigao
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.