All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first practical guidebook to give restorationists and would be restorationists with little or scientific training or background the 'how to' information and kwledge they need to plan and implement ecological restoration activities. The first part of the book introduces the process of ecological restoration in simple, easily understood language through specific examples drawn from the authors' experience in restoring their own lands. The second half shows how that same 'thinking' and 'doing' can be applied to North America's major ecosystems and landscapes in any condition or scale. Cosponsored by the Society for Ecological Restoration International and Island Press, this series offers a foundation of practical kwledge and scientific insight that will help ecological restoration become the powerful reparative and healing tool that the world needs.
- Author BiographySteven I. Apfelbaum is chairman of Applied Ecological Services and has been active in teaching and practicing ecological restoration for over 30 years. Alan Haney is a forst ecologist and former dean of the College of Natural Resources, University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point.
- Author(s)Alan W. Haney,Steven I. Apfelbaum
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication09/06/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight635 g
- Width175 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.