All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionA sea of change has occurred in China since the 1978 ecomic reforms. Bringing together the work of leading scholars specializing in urban China, this book examines what has happened to the Chinese city undergoing multiple transformations during the reform era, with an emphasis on new processes of urban formation and the consequent reconstituted urban spaces. With arguments against the convergence thesis that sees cities everywhere becoming more Western in form and suggestions that the Chinese city is best seen as a multiplex city, Restructuring the Chinese City is an indispensable text for Chinese specialists, urban scholars and advanced students in urban geography, urban planning and China studies.
- Author BiographyLaurence J.C. Ma, for many years a Professor in the Department of Geography and Planning at the University of Akron, is currently an independent scholar residing in California. His work has been focused on China's urban development and population. He has authored, co-authored and co-edited eight books. Fulong Wu has published many papers on urban spatial structure in Chinese cities, urban housing and land development. His numerous papers have appeared in such journals as Environment and Planning, Urban Studies and Urban Geography.
- Author(s)Fulong Wu,Laurence J.C. Ma
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.