All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Retail and Social Change Steven Miles, presents a cross-disciplinary analysis of the evolution of retail and how in both its material and virtual guises it has come to reframe our relationship with the social world. Retail has become increasingly influential in homogenising the urban experience. And yet in reacting to trends in virtual consumption retailers are also becoming more and more conscious of the need to engage with consumers in more sophisticated ways. Retail and Social Change will interest students and scholars in geography, cultural studies, sociology, marketing and business studies interested in how and why retail pervades both our physical and emotional lives in increasingly unexpected ways. It will provide a lively, comparative and thought-provoking contribution that interrogates the implications of retail change, for what it means to be a citizen of a consumer society in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographySteven Miles is Professor of Sociology at Manchester Metropolitan University. He is the author of Consumerism as a Way of Life (1998, Sage), Youth Lifestyles in a Changing World (2000) (OUP), Social Theory in the Real World (2002, Sage) and, Spaces for Consumption: Pleasure and Placelessness in the Post-Industrial City (2010, Sage). Steven is Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Consumer Culture.
- Author(s)Steven Miles
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.