Retailing Management by Michael Levy, Dhruv Grewal, Barton A. Weitz (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $78.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ivantage7778
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe primary objective in the ninth edition of Retailing Management is to inform students about the exciting new developments in the retail industry. Retailing has evolved into a high tech, global, growth industry. Retailers like Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Amazon, Starbucks, and Kroger are some of the most admired and sophisticated businesses in the world. The developments in the industry are providing challenging and rewarding opportunities for students interested in retailing careers and companies supporting the retail industry such as IBM, Procter & Gamble, and Google. In preparing this edition, the authors focused on five important developments: the use of big data and analytical methods for decision making, the application of social media and smart phones for communicating with customers and enhancing their shopping experience, the issues involved in utilizing a mobile channel and providing a seamless multichannel experience for customers, the engagement in corporate social responsibility activities - the consideration of society when making business decisions, and the impact of globalization on the retail industry. We are pleased to anunce the addition of Professor Dhruv Grewal, The Toyota Chair of Commerce and Electronic Business, and Professor of Marketing at Babson College to the Retailing Management author team. Dhruv brings years of academic experience to the project, as evidenced by dozens of retailing-related articles that he has co-authored. He also co-edited the Journal of Retailing from 2001 to 2007 with Michael Levy, a close colleague and collaborator for over 20 years.
- Author BiographyMichael Levy, PhD, is the Charles Clarke Reynolds Professor of Marketing and Director of the Retail Supply Chain Institute at Babson College. He received his PhD in business administration from The Ohio State University and his undergraduate and MS degrees in business administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He taught at Southern Methodist University before joining the faculty as professor and chair of the marketing department at the University of Miami. Professor Levy has developed a strong stream of research in retailing, business logistics, financial retailing strategy, pricing, and sales management. He has published over 50 articles in leading marketing and logistics journals, including the Journal of Retailing, Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and Journal of Marketing Research. He currently serves on the editorial review board of the Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, International Journal of Logistics Management, International Journal of Logistics and Materials Management, ECR Journal, and European Business Review. He is coauthor of Retailing Management, 6e (2007), the best-selling college-level retailing text in the world. Professor Levy was co-editor of Journal of Retailing from 2001-2007. Professor Levy has worked in retailing and related disciplines throughout his professional life. Prior to his academic career, he worked for several retailers and a housewares distributor in Colorado. He has performed research projects with many retailers and retail technology firms, including Accenture, Federated Department Stores, Khimetrics, Mervyn's, Neiman Marcus, ProfitLogic (Oracle), Zale Corporation, and numerous law firms. He co-chaired the 1993 Academy of Marketing Science conference and the 2006 Summer AMA conference. Dhruv Grewal, PhD (Virginia Tech), is the Toyota Chair in Commerce and Electronic Business and a professor of marketing at Babson College. His research and teaching interests focus on marketing foundations, marketing research, retailing, pricing, and value-based strategies. He was awarded the 2005 Lifetime Achievement in Behavioral Pricing Award by Fordham University. He is a Distinguished Fellow of the Academy of Marketing Science. He has also coauthored Marketing Research (2004, 2007). Professor Grewal has published over 70 articles in journals such as Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. He currently serves on numerous editorial review boards, including Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Interactive Marketing, and Journal of Public Policy & Marketing. He served as co-editor of Journal of Retailing from 2001-2007. Professor Grewal has won many awards for his teaching including, 2005 Sherwin-Williams Distinguished Teaching Award, SMA; 2003 AMA Award for Innovative Excellence in Marketing Education; 1999 AMS Great Teachers in Marketing Award; Executive MBA Teaching Excellence Award (1998); School of Business Teaching Excellence Awards (1993, 1999); and Virginia Tech Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Teaching (1989). He co-chaired: 1993 AMS Conference, 1998 Winter AMA Conference, a 1998 Marketing Science Institute Conference, 2001 AMA doctoral consortium, and 2006 Summer AMA Conference. Professor Grewal has taught executive seminars and courses and/or worked on research projects with numerous firms, such as IRI, TJX, Radio Shack, Monsanto, McKinsey, Motorola, and numerous law firms. He has taught seminars in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- Author(s)Barton A. Weitz,Dhruv Grewal,Michael Levy
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1227 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement9th International edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.