Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Deuteromistic Historian patterned more than four dozen of his narratives after those in Genesis-Numbers. The stories that make up Genesis-Numbers were indelibly impressed on the Deuteromistic Historian's mind, to such an extent that in Deuteromy-Kings he tells the stories of the nation through the lens of Genesis-Numbers. John Harvey discusses the eight criteria which may be used as evidence that the given stories in Deuteromy-Kings were based on those in Genesis-Numbers. Unified accounts in the Deuteromistic History, for instance, often share striking parallels with two or more redactional layers of their corresponding accounts in Genesis-Numbers, showing that the given accounts in the Deuteromistic History were written after the corresponding accounts in Genesis-Numbers had been written. Furthermore, the Deuteromistic Historian calls the reader's attention to accounts in Genesis-Numbers by explicitly citing and referring to them, by using personal names, and by drawing thematic and verbal parallels. Retelling the Torah, the first book to focus on these parallel narratives, contains far-reaching implications for Hebrew Bible scholarship.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Harvey has a Ph.D. in Old Testament from St. Michael's University College in Toronto, Ontario. He is the registrar of the Thorneloe University School of Theology, and is a deacon in the Anglican Church of Canada.
- Author(s)John Harvey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleJournal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 403
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.