All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRethinking Contemporary Social Theory outlines a new theoretical paradigm emerging from out of social construction theory, conflict theory, Marxism and critical theory and argues that these insights are redefining social theory as a whole. The authors select ten fields within sociology and in each one trace the reception and impact of the new paradigm. The fields include gender, sexuality, race/ethnicity, media and the sociology of family life. Drawing on Thomas Kuhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, the authors identify causes for this paradigm shift, which include the contributions of specific individuals, the general intellectual climate and various social changes such as globalisation and neoliberalism.
- Author BiographyRoberta Garner is Professor of Sociology at DePaul University in Chicago. Black Hawk Hancock is Assistant Professor of Sociology at DePaul University in Chicago. Grace Budrys is a Professor of Sociology at DePaul University in Chicago.
- Author(s)Black Hawk Hancock,Grace Budrys,Roberta Garner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.