All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionNow that learning is seen as lifelong and lifewide, what specifically makes a learning context? What are the resultant consequences for teaching practices when working in specific contexts? Drawing upon a variety of academic disciplines, Rethinking Contexts for Learning and Teaching explores some of the different means of understanding teaching and learning, both in and across contexts, the issues they raise and their implications for pedagogy and research. It specifically addresses * What constitutes a context for learning? * How do we engage the full resources of learners for learning? * What are the relationships between different learning contexts? * What forms of teaching can most effectively mobilise learning across contexts? * How do we methodologically and theoretically conceptualise contexts for learning? Drawing upon practical examples and the UK's TLRP, this book brings together a number of leading researchers to examine the assumptions about context embedded within specific teaching and learning practices. It considers how they might be developed to extend opportunity by drawing upon learning from a range of contexts, including schools, colleges, universities and workplaces.
- Author BiographyRichard Edwards is Professor of Education at the The Stirling Institute of Education, University of Stirling, UK. Gert Biesta is Professor of Education at The Stirling Institute of Education, University of Stirling, UK and Visiting Professor at Orebro University and Malardalen University, Sweden. Mary Thorpe is Professor of Educational Technology in the Open University Institute of Educational Technology, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMary Thorpe,Professor Gert Biesta,Richard Edwards
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.