All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionRethinking Corporate Governance's extensive and insightful empirical investigation offers a radically new approach to corporate governance. This ground-breaking volume describes and analyses the key nature-based and actor-based forces that ultimately determine corporate governance processes and long-term corporate paths. Generally, such forces work in complex and intricate interplays that to a large extent vary among corporations. A theory of shareholder governance is developed and integrated into the established - and more comprehensive - theory of corporate governance to create a revised theory of the corporation (firm). The new possibilities that this creates for explaining how processes develop and ultimately influence corporate paths are presented in depth. Featuring conclusions based on an empirical material that is both rich and exclusive, the book also contains extensive n-anymized materials from authentic corporate governance processes. A general conclusion is that actions taken by individuals have a special status among those forces, as they t only generate impact in themselves, but also involve interpretations of the possible effects of all the other forces. Among those actions, the ones taken by the shareholders stand out as particularly decisive both for the governance processes as such and for how corporations develop over time. Offering a degree of openness, detail and realism that is hard to find in any other case-based study, this invative and enlightening volume is essential for both academics and practitioners involved in corporate governance, corporate strategy and the theory of the firm.
- Author BiographySven-Erik Sjostrand, Professor Emeritus, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- Author(s)Sven-Erik Sjostrand
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width244 mm
- Height169 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.