All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs more people migrate to cities in the developed and developing world, Peake and Rieker rethink previous scholarship on feminist urban studies in the global north, and global south. Providing a meaningful discussion of the ways in which feminism, gender, and women have been understood in relation to the city and urban studies, they ask probing and insightful questions that indicate new directions for theory and research, illustrating the necessity of a re-formulation of the north-south divide as a critical and urgent project for feminist urban studies.
- Author BiographyLinda Peake is Professor of Urban Studies at York University, Toronto. Martina Rieker is the Director of the Institute for Gender and Women's Studies at the American University in Cairo.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLinda Peake,Martina Rieker
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.